Seminars on women’s rights
Gulnara Karakulova, the teacher of the department of the Russian
language and Literature in
The purpose of the project is a change of the self-consciousness, particularly of women, as well as society as a whole. It means that women should realize their own rights, could formulate them by themselves, and could try to get information on their own rights, could discuss about the improvement of the public position of women and about equality publicly.
Gulnara Karakulova has conducted seminars, meetings on spreading the knowledge
in the field of human rights in
5 training seminars were organized by the initiative group of "Women’s
Seminars included the following themes:
· Explanation of political terms
· History development of the rights of women
· Democratic society and rights of women
· Discrimination of women in the language
· "Rights of women are human rights"
Rights of women in
Political parties in
· Activity of international organizations on improvement of the position of women
Themes were offered for work in groups:
· "Rights of women" concretely
· " Women’s policy" concretely
· "Women’s discrimination" concretely
· "Violence" concretely
· "Unemployment" concretely
· "NPG". What is it?
· Searching for possibilities
· Lobbying: What is it?
· "Knowledge is a power. Information network is else bigger power"
Seminar "Woman. Right. The Society" in partnership with
"Centre of the Support of Women" from Taldykorgan was organized in
December, 1998. The chance to meet with Zulfiya Baysakova, president of
Taldykorgan Women’s Organization was given for women of